Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Don't Even Remember September...

Please excuse my absence recently, I know you are all feening for another post about medical school applications and running. Let me catch you up on the madness of the past month...

The Application is Complete


First and foremost, my MCAT score came back and improved by 4 points! It was a huge relief to see that my hard work and loss of social life was worth it. Prior to receiving my score, I shadowed a Pediatric Intensive Care physician and absolutely loved it. While I was putting my application together I noticed the common thread is children, this surprises me and I guess I will see where this takes me. My current concern is getting into school.

My application is complete and here is the list of schools I am applying to (may add more later)

  • University of Kansas (MD) - Kansas City
  • Creighton University (MD) - Omaha, NE
  • Rocky Vista University (DO) - Denver Area
  • Midwestern University (DO) - Chicago Area
  • Des Moines University (DO) - Des Moines, IA

13.1


Training was really hard to squeeze in while shadowing and working on my app, but I still chose to run the Prairie Fire Half Marathon Sunday October 14th after my longest run being 5.5 miles.

I ran the entire 13.1 miles and finished in 2:41 and it felt great! I could barely walk afterward...but I finished!



I cannot wait until January for the full! 26.2 miles is going to be quite the feat but I now know if I set my mind to it and am willing to deal with the pain, I can do it. Prior to Sunday I was planning to do an interval of walk/running to complete the full but I have decided to run the entire time. My pace was 12:18/mile. I plan to integrate some speed work once a week and hopefully this will allow me to maintain at least an 11-12 minute pace during the marathon to finish in under 5 hours.

November 2nd is my deadline to be at 50% of my fundraising goal! Pass this along to your friends! If all of my Facebook friends donate $1 and pass this along we can be there!

Click Here to donate!

I am also selling Pura Vida Bracelets for $5 each. These bracelets are extremely popular on the west coast and are hard to find in Wichita! They make an awesome gift! Start thinking stocking stuffers!

Donate online then MSG  me how many you want
and color preference!
Thank you to everyone who has already donated! I know we can make it to $3300 to fight blood cancers and help patients!

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment