Monday morning I ran with Audra at Sedgwick County Park, to be honest it was a rough 2 miles. I suffered from the dreaded side cramps and strangely, my ankle itched like crazy! It was the weirdest feeling, I've decided that it must still be in the healing process and the extra impact is causing more osteoblast activity to rebuild some remaining damage to the bone (one vocab word I have memorized for the MCAT). So I have been icing it regularly. I ran 2 miles by my lonesome on Tuesday, it was tough but not as bad as Monday. I began to wonder how I will make it 24.1 more miles...but I suppose I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
![]() |
| My little study/icing setup |
The fundraising officially began on Monday and got off to a great start! Already a couple hundred dollars raised! I am so grateful to my friends and family who have offered their support!
I finally had to chance to meet other TNT members on Thursday evening at Oeno! It was great to meet some of the people who will be running with me in Disney World and also see some familiar faces.
Saturday was spent at the Crawl for Cancer, a pub crawl benefiting 3 local charities fighting cancer. We were Team America; basketball, volleyball, wrestling, badmitton, tennis were all represented. I personally chose the rhythmic gymnastics route with a homemade ribbon dancer, glitter hairspray and terrible hula hooping skills.
I am OFFICIALLY released from the doctor on Monday to begin running; this week will be a total of 18 miles. Yikes! I'm nervous but very excited!
Click here for my Fundraising Page! Every little bit counts toward the fight against Leukemia & Lymphoma!
Adios until next week! xoxo
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment